Davenport Law Firm Zealously Defends Clients Facing Criminal Charges
Iowa criminal defense attorney represents people accused of crimes in the Quad Cities area
If you have been charged with a crime in Davenport or any part of the Quad Cities area, hiring an experienced criminal defense lawyer can ensure your case is given the attention and care it deserves. At the Law Office of Joel Walker P.C., I am dedicated to vigorously defending each and every one of my clients. I have a background in criminal prosecution and more than 18 years of experience defending the rights and freedom of clients who have found themselves involved in the Iowa criminal justice system.
Consequences of a criminal conviction
Besides jail or prison time, a criminal conviction can bring other severe consequences, including steep fines, suspension of your driving privileges and loss of employment or professional licenses.
I fight to avoid convictions for my clients by challenging the state’s evidence whenever possible. If the authorities violated your rights at any point, I will make sure those facts are brought to light. If a conviction is unavoidable, I will do everything possible to limit the impact this has on your life.
Defending individuals against a full range of criminal charges
I represent clients who are charged with a wide variety of crimes, including misdemeanors and felonies involving:
- Traffic violations — If you are facing steep fines or a suspended license for a traffic offense, I can examine the police report for potential vulnerabilities and represent your interests.
- DUI/OUI — A DUI/OWI charge involves driving with a blood alcohol content (BAC) level of .08% of higher. If you’re facing these charges, I am committed to challenging the prosecution’s evidence and reaching a positive outcome.
- Drug crimes — Iowa’s criminal law punishes the possession, distribution and trafficking of controlled substances, including marijuana. I may be able to make a motion to suppress all items seized illegally or move for a dismissal or reduction of drug charges.
- Assault and battery — If you’ve been charged with assault and battery or another violent offense against a person, I will investigate the facts of the case to determine possible mitigating factors or justifications.
- Gun and weapons crimes — Iowa has detailed rules about the possession and use of weapons, and I represent clients arrested in connection with various gun and weapons crimes.
For any criminal matter, my law firm is ready to stand by your side from the beginning until your case has reached its resolution.
Contact a proven Iowa criminal defense lawyer for an initial consultation
At the Law Office of Joel Walker P.C. in Davenport, I steadfastly represent clients throughout the Quad Cities area who have been charged with all types of crimes. Call 563-551-2316 or contact me online for an initial consultation to learn more about how I can help defend you against the charges you are facing.